Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

First day of the year, and again it was a disgustingly hot day.
By my estimates, it would've been about 5139 degrees celcius today.
Only thing to do is to make something easy and cold to eat.

First day of the year... pressure is on!
It had to be something good..... and we do not like to disappoint.

To start the day, for breakfast we had.....


Grilled super humongous field mushroom with herbs, grilled tomato, orange, cherry tomato and coriander salad with balsamic dressing, poached egg with mixed herb pesto, and steamed beans 

Sorry about the pic... we got lazy and didn't feel like changing lenses...
Trust me, it was yum, ok?!



Anyway, lunch was at the beach, but when we got home, we prepared this in about 30mins.
Day-yum we're good!



Miso marinated grilled salmon, cooked to perfection!
Salad was the leftovers from breakky this morning (Cherry tomatoes and oranges etc)

Permission to drool: GRANTED!

Noodle salad to go with it.
Similar to last night's noodle salad, but with a slightly different twist....
We added ~chopped~ herbs here (rather than herb leaves)... as well as ZUCCHINI instead of cucumber

Woah, sometimes even I blow my mind how innovative we are! hehehe j/k, so what I'm saying is yes, this is exactly the same noodle salad as last night, and because it was so awesome last night we just had to have it again two nights running. And it wasn't even leftovers!

OMG, it was so good, I wish I could invite you all round here to try this!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to again eat in the House of Awesome Food (wish I could move in! lol).

The breakfast was the perfect start to the new year :) Thanks food fairies!

MH