Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold Arrowroot Noodle Soup & Tempeh with Noodle Salad

I'm not sure I can take it anymore...
This stoooooopid heat, it's frying my brains!

Must. Eat. Cold. Food.

Hmm... I'm not really sure what's in this one... but I hazard a guess:
Arrowroot noodles, nectarines, shitake mushrooms, cucumber, konbu and some sort of light fruity broth
Perhaps I should check with the chef.... :Þ

Looks good though, doesn't it?
Tasted awesome. Hit all the right spots just when we needed it most!

This was dinner.
I'm a bit infatuated with noodle salad right now, might have something to do with the fried brain....
So, soba noodles, zucchini julienned, mixed herbs (coriander, parsley, shiso leaves, vietnamese mint, normal mint)
Probably a ~BIT~ too many flavours and textures happening there lol, it was kind of weird...

And the bowl of orange cubey things is tempeh...
That was kind of weird too.... not sure I like it very much. Perhaps it was just the way I made it :(


We've been lucky with our food exploits, Almost everything has been exceptional and delightfully delectable but eventually we were gonna come across a meal that just doesn't quite work...
This was it.


I blame the hot weather :)

No comments: