Monday, October 1, 2012

1 October - Bastard Jerk Chicken with Roasted Vegies

Due to unforesoon circumstances, we all got home late tonight.... although, not all of us by choice, particularly me, the innocent bystander caught waiting... forever waiting... the bane of my existence is waiting.

So anyway, fortunately, everything for dinner was already prepped, all that was required was the cooking, which would've been 30mins max.

What are we having for dinner tonight? I call this creation, my bastardised version of Jamie Oliver's jerk chicken, or Bastard Jerk Chicken. (eh? eh? great originality don't you think??)


The jerk chicken in the roasting pan with carrots, rosemary, thyme,radishes and baby king oyster mushrooms (although you can't see the mushies in this pic, trust me, they're there)

If I had more time, the dish would've been in the oven for at least another 15-20mins longer for the crust to develop a bit more... but hungry tums always wins out at the end of the day...

No comments: