Wednesday, April 18, 2012

7 April - Nasi Lemak With Roasted Chicken

People who know me, know that although I do love to cook, I hate to cook fussy food...
My style is simple, flexible and adaptable. My philosophy is cook what you have, and make it as fast and as easy as possible, without neglecting flavours. The food has to arrive quickly, but also hit you in the face with their awesome power of flavour. I like to read recipes as research, but I rarely follow them... I'm just no good at following instructions from a book....

So I tend to avoid recipes with lots of ingredients that take me hours to prepare...
But I just had to try this one. Sambal ikin bilis with nasi lemak... my bastadised version :)

Simple roast chicken marylands


Sambal ikin bilis (top), coconut rice, roast chicken and eggplants in tomato/ curry sauce.


Not traiditional, but not bad, eh?

No comments: