Wednesday, April 18, 2012

10th March - Jacques Reymond

Oh my dear lordy up in the ether....

What an mighty fine meal this suave frenchman serves up!


Savoury cheese profiteroles.
Everything about this just says YES, IT WORKS!
and it was gooooooooooood

One of the breads that they were serving...
I forget what this was called... it's just been too long

Contrast of Ocean Trout, slow cooked and smoked

Ahhh yes, this is how we should all eat every night all the time!

Moreton Bay bugs, fresh soba noodles, wild succulents and caramelised black vinegar
The good stuff. That is all.

John Dory, Szechuan pepper and smoked palm sugar, lemon and black olive
Yes, I did really quite fall in love with this one. Yummo

Flinders Island Wallaby, lamb dumpling, natural cooking juices
I wasn't sure about the lamb dumpling... but I didn't not enjoy it. It just kind of worked...

Highland venison tataki and spanner crab, fresh Tasmanian wasabi
Yup, this is the life...
DEE-ABSOL-F$#@-LISH-US!

Ligurian honey glazed pekin duck, pickled plum and barbajuan
Now, in case you were wondering, the barbajuan is the little wonton/ dumpling/ ravioli thing tucked just behing the duck. It was kind of odd... not a bad odd, just... odd...
The dish was amaze-balls, btw.

Veal fillet dolce forte, sea urchin butter and lard potatoes

By this stage of the meal, we were pretty darn stuffed but I still managed to wolf this one down, it was just.... Done. to. Perfection! :Þ

White chocolate mojito, apricot, pineapple and strawberry
I think this was one of my favourite dishes of the night.
Just pure, awesome, good, drool-worthy stuff. Ya know the kind I'm talking about.

Oh my, the dessert was amazing looking!

Mt Buffalo hazelnuts, passionfruit, infusion of tonka bean and Tahitian vanilla parfait thingy...

Venezuela origin rare chocolate tart. Rich and devilishly good

And TADAH!
Impressive eh?

Probably the only downfall, the worst churros I've tasted. Flavour-less, doughy, and greasy with oil. Not good.

Petit fours
Some macarons of undistinguishable flavours (surely one was lemon?), some fudgy thing, a lemon meringue thing, a sponge thing and a truffle ball.... thing.

Not a bad way to finish up I'd have to say

No comments: