Wednesday, April 18, 2012

22 March - Housemates Dinner - Quan Viet

Verdict? Not very good.
We had high hopes for this place, but unfortunately... the food let us down.
The service was pretty good, better than any other Viet restaurant nearby but ultimately, if you can't cook this shit better than what I can do at home, it's not worth me coming out here for it, no matter how close you are.

Grilled pork platter with spring rolls
Spring rolls were dry and tasteless
Grilled meat was dry and overcooked and too salty
Everything else is served as is... nothing too special I'm afraid


My hu tieu tom thit, well... broth wasn't cooked for long enough, there was little depth of flavour, I got about 3 measly slices of pork, however, I did get TWO WHOLE prawns, so that's good and also TWO WHOLE quail eggs which is fantastic!

It did not come with all the yummy deep fried crispies that it should come with, you know... the fried pig's fat, the fried spring onions, the nuts... what a shame...
It also came with a very miserly amount of fresh herbs on a plate... I mean, come on people, you can be more generous than that!

Bo la lot, or beef wrapped in betel leaves. I love betel leaves... and this version was ok, but seriously lacks some punch in the flavour.
I really love it when my food smacks me in the head with flavour. And this food just didn't have the guts to do that.

Crispy fried chicken, looked alright... I've been told it was quite good. I'll reserve my judgement here as I didn't try any of this.



No comments: