Wednesday, April 18, 2012

23, 24 & 25 March - Mt Martha Weekend away - Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder

I've been waiting to see these photos again. Ahhh the memories... what a great time... what great food to be had...

Breakfast time!
Toast with poached eggs, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes

Whaddya think? Yum looking aren't they? :)


Spanish style tomato sauce with chorizo and plenty of herbs


almost forgot the avocados!

lunch was at Montalto's Winery, this was a chocolate fudge cake... thing...

Corn with cheese and seasoning, roasted in the fireplace, just like in the old days ;)


And the star of tonight's show, *drum roll*

Slow roasted pork shoulder with honey dill glazed carrots and roast potatoes

The pork was roasted for 10 hours in a really slow oven
It's marinated in orange juice, cumin, garlic and salt overnight... hence the red colouring.

Appetizer was ginger and garlic seared scallops

Creamed spinach.

When we cut open the pork, it was so deliciously fall apart, nothing more was needed...

Oh, and I forgot we also had roasted crushed potatoes as well.
Oh... that crackling was... D.I.V.I.N.E!

I didn't have time to make it, but it was supposed to have a mojo sauce... maybe next time...we just ate ours with apple sauce, that I just so happened to whip up :)

Ice brasso for dessert anyone?

The phillos know how to make a dessert let me tell you!
If I had one complaint about this dish... it's that there needs to be more custard!

More CUSTARD! More CUSTARD! More CUSTARD! More CUSTARD! More CUSTARD! More CUSTARD!

You hear me? We want more CUSTARD!

Lunch on Sunday was at Morning Star Estate Winery.
This was a house made potato gnocchi, tomato sugo, basil, shaved pecorino

Salmon fillet, baby seasonal vegetables, salsa verde
Perfectly cooked I was told

Local bay snapper fillet, wilted spinach, mussels, clams, buerre blanc
Again, was delicious I'm informed.



Cured meat selection of Jamón Serrano, red wine cured smoked beef fillet, Calabrese salami with local fior di latte

No comments: