Wednesday, April 18, 2012

3 April - Bo La Lot (Beef wrapped in Betel Leaves)

I just love betel leaves, the smell of it, the flavour it emits. It has to be one of my most favourite smells in the world. It makes me dizzy with delight everytime I breathe in a waft of its dreamy scent.

And there is little I love more than beef wrapped in betel leaves. It's a winning combination that is hard to top.

Here's my first go at it, without my dad giving a helping hand... dad does make the best bo la lot in the whole land, seriously, he does.



oh yeah, we had tofu also, just because we love this stuff.
The nicest, simplest way to prepare it is to heat up the tofu in microwave, then lather it with garlic, spring onions and oil and sesame oil.


Ok, we ran out of beef, so we used thinly sliced pork belly instead. Boy was it great!


No comments: